Discover a calmer way of life with secrets drawn from cultures around the world.
The Serenity Passport is a joyful exploration of the different ways in which we relax and rejuvenate with practical lessons providing simple and effective ways for you to discover greater calm.
From ancient meditative practices to simple self-care philosophies, throughout history and around the world people have sought ways to live a more balanced life. In our busy, modern lives we are constantly seeking a deeper state of balance and calmness of mind. The words in this book will inspire you with new ways to find calm in everyday life, with a wealth of examples including:
• Ayliak – the art of living slowly and without worry (Bulgarian)
• Hózhó – a philosophy of wellness through balanced living (Navajo)
• Hoppípolla – jumping in puddles (Icelandic)
• Flâneur – the art of leisurely strolling (French)
• Utepils – a beer outside with friends (Norwegian)
Positive psychologist Megan C Hayes reveals the true meaning of each term and shows you how to bring a little more serenity to every area of life.
Dimensions: 6.5" x 8.3" x .7"